Ok I honestly thought I would get out of blogging about this whole situation, but I can’t. 1. Trump is a douche, everyone knows that….He can’t figure out who Muslim American sports heroes are (Muhammad Ali RIP). 2. Hillary, well I can’t even right now. All I can think about is a popularity contest and she thinks she can win because she’s a girl. I will have much to say shortly about female leaders in the countries she wishes to “liberate” I can just give a LIST of female leaders in Muslim countries, enough said. 3. Bernie Sanders-He’s The Man. That’s all I got. So being an up and coming Doctor Who enthusiast, I found it funny when an avid fan of DW that happens to be a friend of mine sent me this:
That’s it. Strax for President! Holy crap we would all have to deal with his random urges for annihilation. He would need Madame Vastra & The Doctor to calm his urges.
All I have to say is this: Rather than thinking of annihilation and thinking about “liberating other countries” Let’s just take a look at the fact that Muslim countries have already had female leaders. America having the first female president, aint got nothin on these women:
- Benazir Bhutto-Former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Megawati Sukarnoputri-Former president of Indonesia
- Sheikh Hasina-Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Khalida Zia-She was the Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1991 to 1996 and again from 2001 to 2006. She was the first woman in Bangladesh’s history and second in the Muslim world (after Benazir Bhutto) to head a democratic government.
- Atifete Jahjaga- Not only is she the current President of Kosovo, she is also the first female President, the first female head of state in the modern Balkans and the youngest to be elected to the office.
- Tansu Çiller-Turkey’s first and only female prime minister to date, this academician and economist served as the Prime Minister of Turkey from 1993 to 1996.
- Mame Madior Boye-Former Prime Minister of Senegal
- Aminata Touré-Former Prminister of Senegal
- Cissé Mariam Kaïdama Sidibé-Former Prime Minister of Mali
- Ameenah Gurib-Fakim-The recently appointed president of Mauritius. She is the Head of State and Commander in Chief as well.
I may add that many of these women are covered. Who says covered women are oppressed? These are just a few time Muslim women kicked ass.